The #1 cause of aging is a breakdown of connective tissue. Collagen is an enzyme called collagenases that begins to breakdown due to environmental factors, toxins, lack of health, diet, etc. Because type one collagen (located in skin, tendons, and internal organs) makes up 1/3 of all protein in the body, more than any other protein by mass, building collagen will not only slow down the aging process, but give your body untold amounts of nutritional benefits!
In this video, I discuss ways to build collagen that are practical, simple, and offer immediate results. Here are my top ways to build this crucial enzyme.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Found in beans, root vegetables, soy, and lipophilic vitamin C.
- Bone Broth: You can make this at home, or try Beauty and The Broth. An online vegetarian fed range-free chicken and beef organic and non-GMO broth that arrives on your doorstep. I can vouch that it’s delicious, and bone broth has high concentrations of naturally occurring collagen. https://beautyandthebroth.com
- Vitamin C: Your body doesn’t make vitamin C, so you have to take it orally or eat foods with a high concentration like citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, papaya, strawberries, broccoli, etc. Try VITAMIN C BY NOW: https://amzn.to/2QBgfEZ. External Vitamin C Serum: you need premium, fat soluble lipophilic vitamin C to increase moisture and hydration, even out skin tone, diminish dark spots, reduce redness, and lighten and brighten skin. Most C Serums contain less than 20% of Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (the best type of topical vitamin C that penetrates the stratum corneum in the skin) My favorite is Transdermal C Serum with 80% of that type of vitamin
- Aloe Vera, Ginseng, and antioxidants like blueberries, green tea, yerba matte, licorice extract
- Retinol/Vitamin A: an antioxidant that can increase the lifespan of a collagen molecule and block certain enzymes that destroy collagen. 1% Retinol for topical Vitamin A is a great place to start
- Red Light Therapy: Also will increase collagen growth, minimize wrinkles, and improve skin elasticity.
- Micro Needling and Micro Dermabrasion: both help stimulate exfoliation and cell turnover which promotes more collagen production.
- Collagen Supplements: This can be in the form of powder for smoothies, or a vitamin like Truth Treatments Collagen:
Leave a Reply